Sunday, January 7, 2007

Nick: Third Day, Nap

I did laborious work all day today, making me pretty tired as the clock neared 6:30. After getting back from work I went out to dinner and ended up not making it home until 6:55 so I rescheduled my nap to 7:00 to 8:30, no biggie. My girlfriend was over, though, and playing on my computer (listening to music quietly, typing, etc) throughout my entire nap, which was a major distraction. I wasn't really able to sleep much in the nap due to the distractions. I was definitely asleep when I was woken up by her/the alarm clock, but I hadn't been for too long and I felt way groggy. I'm feeling fine right now though, a bit tired, but not too bad. Because of how much I messed up my nap yesterday I'm thinking I'm probably about a day behind Johnny now, but I can definitely feel some effects already.. I'm surprisingly not too tired for how little sleep I have been getting.

My biggest problem seems to be falling asleep. Throughout my entire life it's always taken me a while to fall asleep, so this will be the hardest part of my adaptation: training my body to fall asleep. We'll see how it goes tonight. Maybe I'll try Johnny's sleep on floor idea.

No comments: